Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm keepin' my baby

So I came home with an infant on Saturday night. These things happen.

Actually, I won the little fellow in a raffle. My friend Lucan had a big birthday bash-slash-Obama fundraiser this past weekend, and among the prizes on offer was this bundle of joy:





He's about 13 inches long and weighs about 3 oz. I've named him Mortimer, and I've decided to raise him Zoroastrian.

Okay, straight up: It's a tape sculpture, made by D.C-based artist Mark Jenkins. Mark is an internationally renowned visual artist whose Storker Project involves "dropping" these ephemeral pieces in public spaces around the world. Check out his amazing work at http://www.xmarkjenkinsx.com/.

My thanks to Lucan Klyne, Mark Jenkins and all the Obama supporters and well-wishers at LUCANfest three-oh.


thanks for paying attention

No comments: